Mahabharata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Profile: Enwa

Go down

Profile: Enwa Empty Profile: Enwa

In mathematics I have studied some logic, computation, number theory and analysis. So please ask me about these things if you like. I am currently teaching myself basic physics and chemistry because I would like to know more about the molecular basis of life.

I am currently reading Perfect Symmetry: The Accidental Discovery of Buckminsterfullerene.

Will add more here later.
enwa
enwa
Admin

https://mahabharata.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Profile: Enwa :: Comments

enwa

Post Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:09 am  enwa

Today I decided to halt my study of physics and chemistry. It was all getting very vague and the reading I was doing was having diminishing returns. I put all my books about this away. I am now trying to decide what I should be working on instead.

Back to top Go down

BrB

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:22 am  BrB

How do you learn something, just read continuously?
You read some stuff, you stop, trying to digest it, think about it, apply it to real life, try to see relation to other fields etc and then continue.
Bit by bit you try to draw a holistic view of it.You just have one picture, the world and everything you learn gets in a specific place in that.

Learning should be completing a puzzle,finding the new pieces, and not stamp collecting knowledge.

If you keep up with this you will get accelerated results.
Despite that, the brain really needs some breaks, for days, weeks or even months from subjects you learn.
At least it works for me.

Back to top Go down

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum