Mahabharata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The future of science and technology.

4 posters

Go down

The future of science and technology. Empty The future of science and technology.

Post  BrB Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:44 am

What do you think of the technological singularity?
The technological singularity is an AI that will be capable of creating better AIs.
This will result in dramatic increase of technology, beyond our imagination.

But the question to be answered, what is intelligence to begin with etc.

My opinion as an IT student is that we will be able to build an AI capable of higher than human intelligent thought.
BrB
BrB
Settlers
Settlers

Back to top Go down

The future of science and technology. Empty Re: The future of science and technology.

Post  jack Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:34 am

I'd be interested to hear your arguments to support that claim, OP. My knowledge of AI is limited to a flipping through of AI: A Modern Approach (standard textbook on the subject). Don't you first of all have to define what you mean by intelligence?

jack
Settlers
Settlers

Back to top Go down

The future of science and technology. Empty Re: The future of science and technology.

Post  Shenanigans Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:43 am

Not sure if anyone had seen Stanford's coarse: Introduction to Artificial Intelligence.

I can't post any new links. So, search "AIclass" in google, and it is the fist link listed.

::EDIT::
Here's the link:
http://www.ai-class.com/
Shenanigans
Shenanigans

Back to top Go down

Post  BrB Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:04 am

Well, my arguments are simple, we just emulate brain and add more 'stuff' to it.

In theory it works out pretty good, and so far i dont see any real reason why it wouldn't, its not that 'soul' exists, its all structured logic, if we do it right it will work.

Its not something hard to think, discoveries made in neuroscience are huge every week and the brain is becoming less a mystery each passing day.
BrB
BrB
Settlers
Settlers

Back to top Go down

Post  enwa Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:41 pm

For those who hadn't heard about this idea of a singularity before,

Here are the main definitions Three Major Singularity Schools.

A note about the shock level of this concept http://www.sl4.org/shocklevels.html.

And there are lots of science fiction stories based on it but maybe we could have a thread about that.
enwa
enwa
Admin

https://mahabharata.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum