Mahabharata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP edited -Masters of Knowledge-

4 posters

Go down

OP edited -Masters of Knowledge-  Empty OP edited -Masters of Knowledge-

Post  BrB Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:12 am

Post fields you know and the level of knowledge of those fields.
To see of what we are made of and learn from eachother.

Edit:
This was originally posted so people name things they wanna learn, in case some people want the learn the same thing on the same level this would create something like motivational co-learning experience, one learning more would make the other want to reach the other's level and surpass it , creating a positive competition that has only winners, more knowledge.

I was put in such situation myself, a friend on an IM, wondered about something and we searched for the same thing, and in the process (of an hour or so) i learned more stuff than i learned in a month in formal education.
Competition always makes you better.
I dont want people to see it as a championship and turn them away, but as something that motivates and pulls them to new heights.

Last edited by BrB on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
BrB
BrB
Settlers
Settlers

Back to top Go down

OP edited -Masters of Knowledge-  Empty Re: OP edited -Masters of Knowledge-

Post  jack Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:16 am

I don't really know how to answer that... I mean, I have no external standard to measure myself against. I won't until I get the college.

but, something like

Physics: Some classical mechanics. I mean, I know what I've been taught in high school about other subjects, but I wouldn't call that "knowledge", more "regurgitating what someone told me". Classical mechanics are the only thing I've looked at enough to consider that I know anything about it.

Mathematics: Probably set theory is the only thing I've studied quite in-depth. Calc and the other basics, obviously. I've been "exposed" to a lot of other subjects but I have no idea how to quantify how much I know about them.

jack
Settlers
Settlers

Back to top Go down

Post  johnb00 Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:32 am

yeah, i'm not gonna lie, i'm a high school student with no knowledge of anything really.
i do have a thirst for scifi and the hard sciences. i'm taking the hardest physics class in my school right now though, if that counts for anything.
i have a nice little ib physics book.
im takin precal. so.
idk if i'll be any help.
anyway.
johnb00
johnb00

Back to top Go down

Post  Shenanigans Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:07 am

Honestly, I'm not educated in any field, and too old to go to college. I would like to read these forums for enjoyment, or to get advice on any decisions I make in the future.
Shenanigans
Shenanigans

Back to top Go down

Post  BrB Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:13 am

Shenanigans wrote:Honestly, I'm not educated in any field, and too old to go to college. I would like to read these forums for enjoyment, or to get advice on any decisions I make in the future.
Sure, welcome aboard bud
BrB
BrB
Settlers
Settlers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum